When evaluating ERP system in today’s environment, the traditional approach of comparing pure accounting features become less relevant. As a matter of fact, most ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle, EPICOR and Microsoft have no meaningful differentiation in the core accounting modules including General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Account Payable, Inventory Control, Sales Order and Purchase Order processing. The real differentiators are non-accounting feature, functions and architectural differences which might prove to be much more important. For a detailed conversion about this approach, please feel free to reach out to our team directly at (855) 227-0700 or via e-mail at sales@CBRTechnology.com .
Server System Architecture
- OnPremise Database Support
- Single-Tennant Hosted Support (Private Cloud)
- Hybrid Config (OnPrem-Cloud Sync)
- Multi-Tennant Cloud-Based Server
- Highly scalable Database with Clustering
- Web Client
- PC Client (Windows Program)
- iOS Native App
- Android Native App
User Security & User Interface
- Windows Authentication – On-Premise
- Windows Authentication – Cloud-Directory (AAD)
- ERP System Authentication (non-Windows OS)
- Support for 2 Factor Authentication
- State of the Art – Web 2.0+ – Browser Design
- Ability to export all data to Excel
- Creation of new GL Accounts
- Onboarding of Customer, Vendors, Items
- Approval of Sales Transactions (Quotes, Orders, Returns, etc.)
- Approval of Purchasing Transactions (Purchase Order, Purchase Returns)
- Credit Limit check for Customer
- Additional Custom Workflows (Defined by User)
System Integration Options and Accessibility
- Publishing of Web Services (ODATA, SOAP) for ALL data Objects
- Database Integration which enforces Business Logic
- Full integration with Microsoft Power BI
- Ability to interface with Industry Leading Reporting Tools (Crystal Reports, Jet Reports)
- Ability to support different user languages on the same Database
- Ability to support multiple languages for item Master Records
- Ability to show languages specific forms for Customers
- Ability to show languages specific forms for Vendors
- Ability to conduct Inter-Company Transactions (GL,AR,AP,SO,PO)
- FASB-52 compliant Multi-Currency Support
Customization and Extensibility
- Ability to modify Pages and Database using an Upgradable Tool
- Visual Studio based DEV tool for Advanced Customization
- Ability to purchase add-ons from Web Store
- Using Word to modify Marketing Documents (Layout)
- Ability to support multiple document formats for different Customers
- Rapid Application Development (RAD) with new Microsoft Power Apps
Occasionally we are contacted by existing QuickBooks Enterprise users that wish to downgrade their Intuit subscription from Enterprise (Silver, Gold or Platinum) to Premier or Pro edition. These downgrades could be desired due to changes in business requirements or the realization that certain advanced features are simply not used or needed.
The Enterprise Edition of the product contains additional data fields and tables that do not exist in the lower versions of the product. As a result, it is NOT possible to simply open an existing company file, which has been used in Enterprise, in either the Premium or the Pro Edition of the product. You have to go through a regular company file build routine and transfer the data from one company to another.
CBR Technology, located in California, can handle this tasks for you. For additional details, please visit our website at CBR Technology.
For Implementation Support and Consulting of your QuickBooks Enterprise product, please feel free to contact us directly at Tel. (714) 901-5740 or by emailing us at Sales@CBRTechnology.com . Please visit our website CBR Technology for more product information.
The Advanced Inventory Module from Intuit offers the Subscriber of the QuickBooks Enterprise PLATINUM Edition several new features. Please be mindful that the Enterprise Silver and Gold Edition of the product DO NOT include these features.
- Multiple Warehouse and BIN Tracking Options: In the Advanced Inventory module you can now define multiple warehouse locations as well as turn on the ability to track BIN Numbers for product. However, the AI module does not add automated BIN management features to the solution and all IV transactions have to specify a BIN manually. The Item Warehouse and BIN location information is added to all Quickbooks window which touch the IV module such as Sales Order, Sales Invoices, Purchase orders and inventory adjustments. Also, the Inventory reporting will add the relevant information to the Inventory Valuation reports.
- FIFO (First-in-First-Out) Inventory Valuation support: All QuickBooks products, including PRO, Premier and Enterprise Gold and Silver Edition use the average costing method. However, with the Advanced Inventory Module, you can also activate the FIFO inventory valuation method. This is the preferred inventory valuation method for most distribution and wholesale organizations. Please note that changing your inventory valuation method is something you should discuss with your CPA and may have an impact on your federal and local state tax returns.
- LOT Number and Serial Number support: The AI module also will give you the option to turn ON Lot or Serial number tracking for your inventory items. It is important to point out that you have to chose one method or the other for your entire system and may not have some items on Serial Number tracking while others are on LOT Number tracking. However, you do have the ability to turn this feature on or off for individuals items. Also, even if a item does have Lot Numbers activated, it is possible to bypass a few warning messages and record a transaction without a Lot Number.
- Barcode Capabilities: This is a new feature in the AI module which is mis-understood by many users of the system. The AI module will add a NEW field to your item master window in QuickBooks called Barcode which will allow you to record a UPC Barcode or other code you wish to use. Also, what the module provides is the ability to use a Barcode during data entry to scan a label and have the system translate the barcode into the item number automatically. This will require the installation of a USB Barcode reader to your workstation. Also, when you print some reports, the system will print the barcode on reports as a real barcode and not as a number. QuickBooks supports ANDROID devices as well as MC40 Bar Code readers. The WMS functionality is limited to support of Sales Order Fulfillment and Purchase Order receiving functions. To use these functions in the Warehouse, you still require a Windows workstation running QuickBooks Enterprise int he Warehouse to which you can connect a scanner.
Even though these features are added, please be mindful that IF you are integrating your QuickBooks Enterprise solution with a third-party system for eCommerce, EDI and shipping systems, not all these features might be supported by the integration.
Please feel free to reach out to our Consulting Team to clarify any issues you might encounter or to assist you with this process. Tel. (714) 901-5740
QuickBooks Chart of Account setup can be configured in a number of ways. However, please be aware of the following restrictions in QuickBooks with regards to the COA in the General Ledger.
- The Account number is ALPHA-NUMERIC but cannot exceed 7 characters
- The Account TYPES are hard coded and the types cannot be changed
- Account Number are optional and the Account description cannot be the same for ANY of the account in the COA
- Account Numbers tracking is turned on in the PREFERENCE section of the QuickBooks company configuration
The account types must be ONE of the following per account:
- Accounts Receivable
- Fixed Assets
- Other Current Asset
- Other Asset
- Credit Card
- Accounts Payable
- Other Current Liability
- Other Liability
- Other Income
- Cost of Goods Sold
- Other Expense
For more info, please call our Consulting Team at Tel. (855) 227-0700 or visit our websiteCBR Technology
QuickBooks, by default, will mark all Time and Expense entries are billable, which is the proper setting for Job Costing module configuration for Time & Materials contracts. However, if your company does fixed priced contracts or percentage completion billing, this setting is not optimal.
To change, select the PREFERENCE settings and the TIME & EXPENSE tab to select the following window and change. Call us at Tel. (714) 901-5740 with any further Job Costing related issues. or visit our website CBR Technology. We are happy to assist in your data conversion and implementation project.
QuickBooks is famous for showing various errors during attempts from a workstation to connect to the Server, which stores the company data file. Some of these errors are Error 6001 among others. The first thing that you need to check, is that the QB Database Service itself is running properly on the Server or the hosting workstation. Even though your Server might be configured perfectly, QuickBooks Database Services may shut down unexpectedly and without notifying any users. To navigate to the proper section on the Server, please follow the steps below:
Launch the CONTROL Panel on your Server and select the above highlighted option.
From the Administration Services window, select the SERVICES option.
From all the Services currently running on your Server, select the QuickBooksDB option. The number refers to the Version you are running (In this example, number 27 refers to QuickBooks Version 2017).
Make sure the service is “Running” and set to “Automatic”.
Please also check the following:
Before you restart the Server, you can see if restarting this Service fixes the problem.
Please call us at Tel. (855) 227-0700 for additional assistance.
One of the most powerful and popular features in QuickBooks is the ability to modify & delete existing transactions, as well as create new transactions at any time. Although this functionality is very attractive to most regular users, Accountants are typically worried about it. To mitigate any issues with your Accountant, who would not like any previous period modifications, the QuickBooks system allows you to close prior fiscal periods. This setting allows you to prevent an average user from creating new transactions or modifying or deleting previous transactions without a special password. To activate- use the ACCOUNTING – COMPANY PREFERENCES tab to specify the date and the password.
For more information, please call our Consulting and Implementation team at: Tel. (855) 227-0700 or visit our website CBR Technology.