For more Support or any industry customization for your Business Central environment, please call us at Tel. (855) 227-0700 or visit our website.
Dynamics 365 Business Central provides a complete business application solution designed and optimized for SMB organizations. Since its launch in April 2018, Business Central has seen increasing adoption by organizations looking to digitally transform their businesses. In the October 2018 update, Microsoft updated Business Central to include on-premise server deployments as well.
In the new October 2019 update, Microsoft is introducing some helpful new features:
- Modern client: With the 2019 wave 2 release, users can access Business Central in their browser, Windows 10 desktop app, mobile apps on Android and iOS, or in Outlook. This update is the first version that does not include the Dynamics NAV Client connected to Business Central (also known as the Windows client). The modern clients now support so many productivity features that the Windows client (formerly Dynamics NAV) is discontinued for Business Central going forward. The legacy Dynamics NAV client remains supported in the April ’19 update and earlier versions in alignment with the support lifecycle.
- Modern developer tools: The 2019 wave 2 release is the first version that does not include the classic development environment (also known as C/SIDE). The modern developer experience based on Visual Studio Code with Azure DevOps, and an AL language that supports an extension-based approach to customization, so C/SIDE is discontinued for Business Central going forward. The classic development environment remains supported in the April 2019 update and earlier versions in alignment with the support lifecycle.
- Customer migration tools: Microsoft will continue to simplify the journey for existing Dynamics SMB customers coming from Dynamics NAV, Dynamics GP, or Dynamics SL to migrate from their current on-premises solutions to a Business Central cloud-based system powered by Microsoft Azure.
The actual application enhancements in the October 2019 wave 2 release include:
- Allowing non-sequential numbering
- Cancelling reminders and finance charge memos
- Carrying line descriptions to G/L entries when posting
- Creating records and converting prospects with better templates
- Use the “Copy Document” function on blocked lines
- Aged Accounts Payable includes external document number field
- Reconcile payables with the External Document Number field
- and more+
CBR Technology is available to assist with any upgrades to Dynamics 365 Business Central from a wide range of legacy systems. Call us today at (855) 227-0700 to discuss your upgrade.