Microsoft Dynamics NAV supports MULTIPLE Depreciation Books in the Fixed Asset Module. Each depreciation Book can be configured to post to the GL for various types of Transactions such as Acquisition, Disposal, Depreciation and others. Of course, the typical configuration is that only ONE of the Depreciation Books will post the General Ledger, while the others do not. IF the Depreciation Book in NAV is configured to use the General Ledger Interface, as indicated below, you must use the “FA G/L Journal” page in NAV to record a transactions. If you are affecting a Depreciation Book without GL Integration, you must use the “FA Journal” page.
Once you full depreciate an Asset in the system, the depreciation Book will indicate this disposal status with a check box. If you find yourself having retired an asset pre-maturely, You can do the following:
- Select Ledger Entries on the Fixed Asset.
- Highlight the Proceeds on Disposal line
- Use the Cancel Entries function from the Ribbon bar.
- This should then create an FA GL Journal which you can then post (If GL Interfaced)
- This should then create an FA Journal which you can then post (If non-GL Interfaced)
Once you post the appropriate Journal, the Asset will reappear in the system as a current and open Fixed Asset.
For More information, please feel free to call us at Tel. (855) 227-0700 or visit our website CBR Technology