Intuit will release its latest QuickBooks Product on September 16th in the US. One of the KEY new features of this Version are the Scheduled Reports. This new feature will allow you to configure an auto-delivery mechanism to send reports automatically from QuickBooks 2017. This new function utilizes the Windows Task Manager. As such, you must comply with the following system requirements in order to use these features.
The Scheduled Reports feature uses the Microsoft Task Scheduler and requires the following conditions be met to setup and use schedules:
- The Windows user needs to have Administrator privileges.
- The Program must be run as Administrator via the right-click function for first use, or UAC needs to be set at “Never Notify”.
- The Windows user must be a local, non-roaming profile.
o Only one edition of 2017 can be installed on the machine running QuickBooks (i.e. if Premier and Enterprise are both installed the feature will be unavailable).
· Other conditions not related to the Task Schedule are:
- The file cannot be open in Multi-User mode at the time of the scheduled event;
- The Company file must be set to use Outlook or Webmail and not the QuickBooks Email Service;
- If using Outlook, it must be open at the time the scheduled report is sent;
- The user cannot have another file open at the time of the schedule (although QuickBooks can be closed); and
- The computer cannot be in sleep or hibernation mode.
For more information, please feel free to contact CBR Technology Corporation at (855) 227-0700, or via e-mail at Sales@CBRTechnology.com .