Small businesses can save time managing finances with the 2014 version of the best-selling QuickBooks for Mac® financial software from Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU). New features provide quick access to what’s important, help small business owners complete tasks more quickly and enable them to track income in real time. The software will go on sale Sept. 23.
“Our customers told us what they wanted and we listened,” said Rob Lips, vice president and general manager of Intuit’s QuickBooks Desktop business unit. “We’ve streamlined navigation and workflow, putting the most important information and insights at small business’ fingertips. The enhanced experience lets users work more efficiently to save time when managing finances.”
Quick Access to What’s Important
The latest release provides more streamlined access to the critical information small businesses need to know. Updates include:
- Left Hand Toolbar – Provides one-click access to users’ data and transactions. With drag-and-drop customizability, shortcuts make it faster and easier to get around in QuickBooks.
- New Home Page – Offers home page access to a complete overview of company financials and important business insights. The redesigned experience provides a dashboard view of end-to-end company performance, no report running necessary.
- Set Up and Go – Simplifies the set up process no matter if users are new to QuickBooks or switching from QuickBooks for Windows. The feature provides a recommended set of key activities to get going fast in QuickBooks for Mac.
“The new left hand toolbar in QuickBooks for Mac 2014 is a fantastic addition to the already comfortable QuickBooks interface,” said Gary Gray from Studio City, CA. “It is more powerful and aesthetically pleasing, and it provides instant access to my most commonly used functions making QuickBooks even easier.”
Complete Tasks Quickly and Easily
Customers asked, Lips said, and the QuickBooks for Mac team listened. These time-saving features are a direct result of customer feedback:
- Centers Enhancements – Users can complete tasks more quickly through reorganized customer, vendor and transaction centers. Access the memo field just like an invoice number to easily find transactions.
- Sales Reps – Track sales reps’ performance, whether they are employees or outside vendors. Business owners can assign sales reps to customers, run reports by sales rep, track top performers and calculate commissions.
- Sales Tax Enhancements – Adjust sales tax paid for rounding, fees or discounts with no journal entries required. Users can now indicate sales tax paid from credit card accounts.
- Find Within Reports – Search text within reports to find key words and phrases, making it faster and easier to find information.
- Import Journal Entries – Remain productive while accountants work on the books. Brings in accountant edits when importing journal entries.
Track Income in Real Time
The new income tracker provides an end-to-end view of all income-related transactions in one place. The feature updates transaction data in real time, right on the home page with no reports to run or data to gather. Users can take immediate action on transactions to get paid faster. They may also batch print or email transactions directly from the income tracker and filter by transaction or customer.
“I found the income tracker to be a unique and invaluable tool for business owners,” said Earl Xavier from Cheraw, SC. “It is a well thought out and beautifully designed tool that gives a quick snapshot of earnings in real time.”
Pricing and Availability
QuickBooks for Mac 2014 will be available by calling 714-901-5740 beginning Sept. 23. It is expected to be available at Apple retail stores, Apple.com, Amazon, Best Buy, Costco.com, Fry’s, MacZones, Office Depot, OfficeMax and Staples on Oct. 6.
Suggested retail prices are:
- 1-user: $249.95
- 2-users: $499.95
- 3-users: $749.95
- 4-users: $999.95
- 5-users: $1,249.95
QuickBooks for Mac is part of Intuit’s family of financial software and services that includes Intuit QuickBooks Online, Intuit QuickBooks Pro and Premier and Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions.
- Intuit QuickBooks For Mac Press Kit
- Intuit on Twitter
- Intuit on Facebook
- Intuit Small Business Blog
- Intuit Community
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. creates business and financial management solutions that simplify the business of life for small businesses, consumers and accounting professionals.
Its flagship products and services include QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax®, which make it easier to manage small businesses and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. Mint.com provides a fresh, easy and intelligent way for people to manage their money, while Demandforce® offers marketing and communication tools for small businesses. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit’s leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had revenue of $4.2 billion in its fiscal year 2013. The company has approximately 8,200 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations.
For any additional questions, please contact CBR Technology Corp at (714) 901-5740.
Mac is a registered Trademark of Apple Computers, Inc.