This document summarizes changes and improvements made in Release 4 of QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 13.0 Windows. Release 4 includes all changes that have been made to your QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 13.0 software since it was first released.
What’s important about Release 4?
- QuickBooks 2013 is now compatible with Windows 8.
- We added a colored icons/light background option for the Top Icon Bar. Choose Edit > Preferences > Desktop View > My Preferences and click on ‘Switch to colored icons/light background’ to view this preference.
- We added a company file color flag to help you differentiate between different company files. Choose Edit > Preferences > Desktop View > My Preferences > Company Flag Color to view this preference.
The Release 4 update contains changes to QuickBooks appearance and some fixes.
Please review the Summary of Release 4 Changes below for more information.
+ Installing Release 4:
To update your QuickBooks program with the Release 4 changes:
- Close QuickBooks and reopen QuickBooks.
- At the prompt to install the update now, answer Yes.
- (Recommended) After the update completes, restart your computer.
The update process may take several minutes. If you choose not to update when you open QuickBooks, the message will appear each time you open QuickBooks until the update is completed.
+ Installing Release 4 in a multi-user environment:
If you use QuickBooks in multi-user mode, Intuit strongly recommends installing the product release on each computer running QuickBooks. For more information on sharing updates in a multi-user environment:
- From the Help menu, choose Update QuickBooks.
- In the Update QuickBooks window, click Help.
- Click the Help topic link Sharing updates in a multi-user environment.
FSP Subscription Feature Details for Enterprise Solutions 13.0 R4:
- When you click the down arrow by the print button at the top of reports there is a Save as PDF option.
- Open any report with multiple level data items. There are now arrows to expand and collapse data grouped in multiple levels.
- You can now print item receipts.
- Assemblies are now available in the Add/Edit Multiple list Entries feature.
Summary of Release 4 Changes:
- Sending General Journal Entries no longer displays an incorrect message about the ‘From’ email address. (R4)
- The Send General Journal Entry screen no longer shows the billable column (checkbox) as editable. (R4)
- Selections in the Class selection drop-down menu at the top of the invoice will now apply properly to each item on the invoice. (R4)
- The Quantity on Hand report no longer reflects different numbers after being refreshed after warning: you cannot filter by sites and locations. (R4)
- When a company file is upgraded to a newer release, all item types will retain a check mark when “All Items” is checked for QuickBooks generated barcodes. (R4)
- You can now mix inventory and non-inventory items on a Purchase Order if site/location is being used. (R4)
- You can now display all available bins in the Inventory Center. (R4)
- The QuickBooks Find feature now locates Item Receipts when Enhanced Inventory is enabled. (R4)
- You can now select a location using arrow keys on transaction forms. (R4)
- Blank lot number will now trigger a message in Build Assembly for both components and finished assembly. (R4)
- Selecting a future date on a check and clicking the Pay Online check box no longer displays warning message. (R4)
- You can now copy and paste transactions in the register. (R4)
Batch Enter Transactions
- On the Batch Transactions screen. QuickBooks no longer displays a message that credits are available when none are. (R4)
- Batch Enter Transactions no longer prevents selection of a payee based on multiple currency settings. (R4)
- When you leave required fields blank in Batch Enter Transactions, QuickBooks now highlights the required fields so they’re easier to find. (R4)
- We added the ability to Clear Splits from the context menu when batch entering transactions. (R4)
- The class tracking on each part of the transfer transaction has been improved. (R4)
- QuickBooks will now display one warning instead of multiple warnings about inactive elements on group items when working with classes. (R4)
Client Data Review
- Client Data Review no longer adds a blank page to a PDF of a write off invoice. (R4)
- The process of signing in to purchase additional services has been improved. (R4)
Enhanced Inventory Receiving
- Reports now convert foreign currency to home currency when you use multiple currencies with Enhanced Inventory Receiving. (R4)
- Now, when you open a company file with a duplicate name, you’ll see an error message with a Repair button. Clicking on the Repair button connects you with the File Diagnostic tool. (R4)
- To insure that the backup made is not corrupt, the Automatic Data Recovery feature no longer makes a backup if duplicate name id’s are detected in the company file. (R4)
- QuickBooks Rebuild now has the ability to detect and fix site mismatch issues with purchase orders. (R4)
- Automatic Data Recovery feature is now available in Enterprise. (R4)
- We updated In-Product Help with accurate content on changing QuickBooks colors. (R4)
- QuickBooks now no longer shuts down when the you select “App Center: Find More Business” from Help. (R4)
- We corrected the display of the install billboards for high resolution screens. (R4)
- We improved the install error messages that display when .NET 4.0 is required. (R4)
- We made 1603 install errors easier to troubleshoot. Now, when you click on the Troubleshoot button in the 1603 error, you’ll be connected with our troubleshooting KB. (R4)
- The QuickBooks installer now includes the MSXML 6.0 SP1 64- bit component so it can be installed when needed. (R4)
- In the Inventory Center, the Quantity on Hand by Serial Number view now displays negative quantities correctly. (R4)
- Words added to the dictionary will be retained when QuickBooks is upgraded. (R4)
- QuickBooks now correctly updates the Vacation accrued on paychecks when hours are changed. (R4)
- QuickBooks now displays the correct Billed or Not Billed icon on the Enter Single Activity window you click the Previous or Next to view past entries. (R4)
- We fixed an issue that prevented paychecks from being printed using dot matrix printers. (R4)
- Employee notes are no longer visible to users with “no access” permission to Payroll. (R4)
- Preview Paycheck (on edit) will no longer incorrectly change the amount of a deduction with a non-annual limit. (R4)
- Paycheck balances for sick and vacation now update properly when you edit a paycheck. (R4)
- Form names now fit properly in the Federal Forms list. (R4)
- We corrected the alignment of contact information that is auto filled on federal tax forms. (R4)
- Company Message information now prints on pay stubs. (R4)
- We corrected the state filing status values when payroll data is exported to Excel. (R4)
- We fixed an issue that caused the Payroll Summary, Paid Time Off Report, and Payroll Transaction Detail report to be missing from the Employee Center. (R4)
- When you update, QuickBooks now retains your search preferences. If you had ‘Update automatically’ unchecked, it will now stay that way after you update. (R4)
- We fixed in issue with the ‘Update Automatically’ Search Preference. When you uncheck ‘Update Automatically’ in Edit > Preferences > Search, this option will now be turned off correctly. (R4)
QuickBooks File Manager
- Company file information now appears correctly when you switch between different company files. (R4)
QuickBooks Online Banking
- We fixed an issue that caused a send/receive transaction error message to display when attempting to download transactions. (R4)
- The message “QuickBooks has stopped working” no longer shows up when displaying a previous reconciliation report. (R4)
- Date filters now work as designed on the Account QuickReport for Income, Expense, and Cost of Goods Sold accounts. (R4)
- Purchase Orders and Sales Orders without a site now display a quantity on the Stock Status by Site report. (R4)
- The Delivery Date column on the Inventory Stock Status by Item report now displays the correct information. (R4)
- The After-the-fact Payroll window is now scaled to fit the minimum resolution of 1024×768. (R4)
- On the Create Auto PO’s screen, Item column will now be checked when Qty to Order is entered. (R4)
- We added the Batch Transactions icon to the ribbon on the Write Checks and Enter Credit Card Charge/Credit forms. (R4)
- We corrected the appearance of several items in the user interface to match the user interface specification. (R4)We added a colored icons/light background option for the Top Icon Bar. Choose Edit > Preferences > Desktop View > My Preferences and click on ‘Switch to colored icons/light background’ to view this preference. (R4)
- We added a company file color flag to help you differentiate between different company files. Choose Edit > Preferences > Desktop View > My Preferences > Company Flag Color to view this preference. (R4)
- QuickBooks 2013 is now compatible with Windows 8. (R4)
For any Support of your QuickBooks Enterprise solution from a Intuit Premier Reseller and Business Process Consultant, please do not hesitate to contact CBR Technology Corp at (714) 901-5740.